Basic characteristics of mold processing
(1) Complex shapes Some products, such as automobile covers, aircraft parts, toys, and household appliances, have a shape whose surface is composed of a variety of curved surfaces. Therefore, the cavity surface of the mold is complicated. Some surfaces must be processed mathematically.
(2) Processing precision requirements A pair of molds are generally composed of a concave mold, a punch mold and a mold base, and some may also be a multi-piece split module. Therefore, the combination of the upper and lower molds, the combination of the inserts and the cavities, and the flattening between the modules require high processing precision. Precision molds often have dimensional accuracy of up to μm.
(3) Small batch production The production of molds is not mass production in batches, and in many cases, only one production is often produced.
(4) Many processes In the mold processing, various processes such as milling, boring, drilling, reaming and tapping are always used.
(5) In the production of profiling molds, there are sometimes no drawings and no data, and it is necessary to carry out profiling processing according to the actual objects. This requires high precision and no distortion.
(6) The use of repetitive production molds has a long life. When the use of a mold exceeds its life, a new mold is replaced, so the production of the mold is often repetitive.
(7) Excellent mold material, high hardness The main materials of the mold are mostly made of high-quality alloy steel, especially the high-life mold, which is often made of Crl2, CrWMn and other Leysite steel. This type of steel has strict requirements from rough forging, processing and heat treatment. Therefore, the preparation of the processing technology can not be ignored, heat treatment deformation is also a problem that needs to be taken seriously in processing.
Deshengrui Machinery is a professional CNC manufacturing and Sheet metal fabrication company, including CNC machining services, CNC turning service, CNC milling services, CNC drilling services, laser cutting services, stamping services, Die casting service, iron casting service and Steel Forging service.