The use of die forgings and the position of the parting surface
In the process of using the die forging part, the upper die and the lower die are divided into the interface on the forging. When formulating the die forgings, the die face must be determined first, and the following problems are considered:
(1) The position of the parting mold should be as small as possible and the width of the cavity should be as large as possible, because the wide and shallow cavities are filled in a thick manner, and the narrow and deep cavities are filled in by means of pressing. The latter metal is more difficult to fill, and the amount of cavity wear is relatively large.
(2) It is necessary to ensure that the forging piece can be freely taken out from the cavity in the hammering direction.
(3) In order to simplify the manufacture of the mold, the parting surface should be made as plane as possible, not the curved surface, but the second type of forging sometimes has to select the surface parting.
(4) The parting surface should be as symmetrical as possible. The shape of the upper and lower molds is as similar as possible, so that the parting surface is not selected on the end surface, so as to facilitate timely detection when the shift is made.
(5) In order to simplify the manufacture of the mold, the parting surface should be made as plane as possible, not the curved surface, but the second type of forging sometimes has to select the surface parting.
(6) The more complicated parts of the forgings are arranged in the upper mold as much as possible, because the metal in the upper mold is easy to fill the cavity. The above items should be considered comprehensively to achieve a correct and reasonable choice of the position of the parting surface.
The die forgings are constantly subjected to the impact force during the working process, so the forging die must be preheated to about 150-200 °C before work, so as to avoid the rupture of the forging die caused by the heavy stress caused by the temperature difference. The forging die has an integral forging die and There are two kinds of forging blocks, the former is mostly. When the individual parts of the cavity (the convex part of the cavity) are easy to wear, the vulnerable part can be made into a removable insert to form a partial insert forging die. The assembly generally adopts two methods of hot pressing and wedge iron fastening, and the former is more suitable for partial insert assembly.
DESHENGRUI Machinery is a professional CNC manufacturing and Sheet metal fabrication company, including CNC machining services, CNC Turning service, CNC milling services, CNC drilling services, laser cutting services, stamping services, Die casting service, iron casting service and Steel Forging service.