CNC Machining Services
CNC Machining Services means that a machine shop provide turning, milling, drilling, boring, taping service and get the customized parts.
The term CNC stands for 'computer numerical control', and the CNC machining definition is that it is a subtractive manufacturing process which using computerized controls and machine tools that remove layers from the stock material to produce a custom part. Stock materials may be metals (aluminum, brass, copper, steel, titanium), plastics, polypropylene, fiberglass, wood, glass, foam, and composites. In contrast there is additive manufacturing processes that add materials, such as 3D printing, or formative manufacturing processes such as liquid injection molding. Pre-programmed CNC machines dictate the movement of factory tools and machinery such as grinders, lathes, mills and routers. It is a fully automated process that allows a single set of prompts to create 3D cutting tasks.
(1) Advantages of CNC Machining
Replacing engineer operated equipment with CNC machining has many advantages. But speed, production rate and accuracy are some of the main advantages over conventional machining.
1) Provide efficient, expedient and precise production capacity for large quantities
2) Increases productivity and allows for faster delivery with same standard of products
3) Saves time and money because the process requires less staff and less training hours
4) Eliminates costly human errors and material waste
5) Decreases occupational health and safety accidents
6) Able to work around the clock
8) Uniform products made to exact specifications
9) Lower cost
10) Ability to store design program for future use
(2) Types of CNC Machining
Every business has a unique need that can be completed by CNC machining. These chores may include bore, contour, cut, drill, engrave, face, grind, groove, knurl, lathe, mill, punch, shear, shape, stamp, tap, texture, thread, turn or weld. You can see that there are many advantages of using CNC machines.
There are many ways to
provide the mechanical CNC machining operations, including the following:
1) Drilling – includes counterboring, countersinking, reaming and tapping using rotating multi-point bits.
2) Milling –both face milling (shallow, flat surfaces) and peripheral milling (deep cavities) for a broader range of shapes.
3) Turning – cylindrical parts with external and internal features using single point cutting tools.
Other mechanical operations include broaching, sawing, grinding, honing, and lapping.
(3) CNC Machining Applications
CNC machining is suitable for a wide variety of industrial hardware products. This is a short list of the industries that use the CNC machining and some of the uses:
1) Automotive – frames,
2) Medical –orthotic devices, MRI machines, instruments
3) Aerospace – manifolds, landing gear parts
4) Construction - tools
5) Agriculture – tractor parts
6) Dental milling – crowns and bridges
7) Electronics – amplifier housing, electrical insulation
8) Firearms – barrels, triggers
9) Manufacturing – shearing, flame or plasma cutting
10) Marine – propellers, boat parts
11) Military – electronics, plane parts, communication components
12) Production - machinery
13) Publishing – printing equipment
14) Transportation – shipping vessels, trucks
(4) CNC Machining Process
While each custom product being machined is unique, the actual process is the same throughout. It begins with the creation of CAD design, either 2D or 3D model. Then the model is converted to a CNC program which controls when, where, and how the machine tools move. After the code is loaded into the machine, the machine needs to be setup with the proper machine components to do the job. Finally, the instructions are sent to the machine which submits commands to begin the machine tooling process to create the custom part.
(5) Benefits of outsourcing your CNC machining
Saving money is probably the main choice when choosing to outsource your precision machining project. CNC machines can be expensive and take up a large amount of floor space. Operation of the machines requires a highly skilled labor force which also cuts into your bottom line. Using an offshore CNC machining service allows you to increase production, reduce equipment investment concerns, and reduce operational costs.
This article introduce the CNC machining services, CNC Machining Definition, Advantages of CNC Machining, Types of CNC Machining, CNC Machining Applications, CNC Machining Process. Desheng provide CNC machining services for more than 10 countries over the world.