Duplex Milling Machine
What is Duplex Milling Machine?
Duplex mills, also known as twin mills, provide a cost-effective alternative to in-house fly cutting, face milling and grinding. This process is used in applications requiring flat, square and parallel tolerances to 0.001''.
Duplex mills use opposed shell mills, mounted on a pair of horizontal spindles, to efficiently remove stock to meet tolerance requirements on opposing planes. Requiring just one setup for multiple parts, milling two sides at once is the most cost-effective way of producing high-quality aluminum and stainless steel machine-ready blanks.
DUPLEX milling machines are two machines located one opposite the other, which can work separately or as a single milling machine, when workpiece can be machined with 2 simultaneous spindles.
Features of Duplex Milling Machine
Highly rigid and reliable
The heavy base castings and sturdy spindles withstand heavy cutting perfectly. This high rigidity of the machine ensures the stable high accuracy over a long period of time.
Bridge type clamping jig fixture
The fixture is highly rigid and ensures stable operation even under heavy-duty cutting. It clamps works by your single operation of the switch! The DS series will drastically increase your work efficiency through its high operability and efficient layout of the fixture and powerful spindles.
Index table is mounted on the DS series with the bridge type claiming fixture. To increase the squareness of products, a CURVIC coupling is used on the index table.
Conversational machining software
Special software allows the operator to perform his work by merely programming to perform his work by merely entering necessary data such as blank dimensions and finished product dimensions.
Main advantages of Duplex Milling Machine
1. Production increase of up to 50% in relation to conventional solutions, i.e. individual milling machines.
2. Improvements in part precision, by managing to do the machining of the part in one single setup, in most of the cases.
3. One sole operator can control the DUPLEX milling machines.
4.Reduced space and investment requirements comparing with two single machines.
5.Fast investment amortization due to the high productivity.
6. Duplex solution admits different configurations: single working area, pendulum working areas, or pallet changing system.
7. Flat, square and parallel tolerances to 0.001''.
8. Process capability to mill virtually any material, including exotics.
9. Stock removal to precision tolerances on all six sides.
10. Finish tolerances to 16 Ra.