The role of continuous mode (gradient progressive die) in the stamping industry
Metal stamping parts are widely used in many fields of the national economy such as machinery, automobiles, electronics, home appliances, etc., and have an irreplaceable role. Stamping processing is one of the metal plastic forming methods and an important means of material forming. Stamping processing mainly needs to be realized by stamping die, which is a special process equipment for processing materials (metal or non-metal) into parts (or semi-finished products). According to the nature of the process, the blanking die can be classified into a blanking die, a punching die, a trimming die, a cutting die, and the like, and can be roughly classified into an engineering die, a continuous die, and a transfer die according to the degree of combination of the processes.
The continuous mode (also known as the progressive die, the skip mode) refers to the die in which the press completes multiple processes at the same time in several strokes. The blanking part is gradually formed in the continuous mold, and the continuous forming is a process method in which the process is concentrated, and various processes such as trimming, slitting, grooving, punching, plastic deformation, blanking, etc. can be completed on one pair of molds. According to the actual needs of the stamping parts, a plurality of stamping processes (called stations in the progressive die) are arranged in a certain order for continuous punching. It can not only complete the blanking process, but also complete the forming process and even the assembly process. Many complex stamping parts requiring multi-step stamping can be completely formed on one pair of molds, which provides favorable conditions for high-speed automatic stamping. It can be seen that the continuous die is a punching die with many stations and high efficiency.
The difference between continuous mold and other molds
(1) A continuous die can complete multiple processes such as punching, bending, forming, and drawing. The press can punch a workpiece or process piece per stroke and therefore has a higher labor productivity than the composite die.
(2) The continuous die uses the coil material or the strip material, and the feeding, discharging and lamination are easy to realize automation. In the process of automatic continuous die stamping, the human body parts do not have to enter the dangerous area and the operation is safe.
(3) The use of continuous die stamping can reduce equipment, mold quantity and workshop area, eliminating the transportation and storage of semi-finished products.
(4) The continuous mode structure is complicated, the manufacturing precision is high, the cycle is long, the cost is high, and the maintenance is difficult.
(5) The steps of the continuous mold are dispersed in the respective stations, and there is no problem of the "minimum wall thickness" of the composite mold, so the mold strength is high and the life is long.
Deshengrui Machinery is a professional CNC manufacturing and Sheet metal fabrication company, including CNC machining services, CNC turning service, CNC milling services, CNC drilling services, laser cutting services, stamping services, Die casting service, iron casting service and Steel Forging service.