3 Things You Must Know About Precision Machine Shop
What is Precision machine shop?
Precision machine shop is a manufacturing company that produces and manufactures different turning parts, milling parts, die casting parts, forging parts, or sheet metal parts in different industries. The small machine shop is very small and only three to five people. And large-sized factories have ten thousand people. These factories are all Precision machine shop (also called Custom Machine shop). In precision machine shop, we mainly do precision machining and make precision machining parts.
7 types machine tools you will find in Custom Machine shop
1. Milling machine: A milling machine is a machine that uses a rotating tool to remove material from a workpiece.
2. Machining center: Machining center is a multi-functional device that can execute complex programs with high productivity.
3. Lathe: A lathe is a machine that rotates a workpiece when in contact with a cutting tool. It can perform operations such as turning, boring, drilling, knurling, and threading.
4. Grinding Machine: A grinder is a powerful tool that uses a grinding wheel to grind a workpiece. Grinding is often used as a finishing process because it provides a high surface quality.
5. Drilling machine: A drilling machine is an installed drill bit whose movement is controlled by a lever. Drilling machines are more powerful and stable than handheld drilling rigs. In addition to drilling, they can also be used for various manufacturing tasks.
6. The band saw machine: Band saw machine is a multi-purpose cutting machine for straight-line cutting. It is used to roughly remove part of the material before further machining.
7. Electrical Discharge Machining Equipment: Electric Decentralized Machining (EDM) is the process of using sparks instead of physical cutting tools to penetrate the workpiece.
8. Surface finishing tools: Most parts require some kind of surface treatment, and they are polished, polished, sandblasted, and colored using various equipment.
9. Coordinate measuring machine (CMM): Coordinate measuring machine (CMM) is a device used to measure the geometry of parts and ensure that the original dimensions of the machined parts match. CMM helps ensure accuracy and quality.
Automation: Digitalization has changed the precision machine shop and machine shop gradually developed towards automation.
Before the Precision machine shop came out, all machining equipment was operated manually or mechanically, which meant that the accuracy of the machined parts depended on the skill of the machine operator. With the emergence of CNC, CNC machine tools have obvious advantages over manual machine tools. They are as accurate as possible, can guarantee repeatability, and can be made without supervision, so that staff can make other tastings. As more and more automatic CNC equipment appeared, the factory gradually developed towards a more intelligent and automated direction. Welding robots and handling robots are gradually added to the machinery Machine shop.
How to find a qualified Precision machine shop? visit our related article--11 Proven Steps to Qualify Machining Manufacturer and it can help to help you to grow your business.